Here are some tips that we think can be useful for people who also want to make this journey:
- Only drink bottled and sealed water, and don't eat raw vegetables at first. Raw vegetables are probably washed with tap water.
- Prepare yourself conditionaly well, it will give you some advantage on the high altitudes.
- Make sure you are well protected against dust. On dry days dust is getting everywhere in it.
- A kidney belt just gives you that little extra support to the many bumpy roads.
- Make sure your luggage is waterproof. Both your regular luggage and your hand luggage.
- Take disinfectant handsoap with you. It is small and easy to carry and convenient to use just before you go eat.
- Pay attention to what seasonal period it is. Especially with the rainy season, waterproof clothing is essential.
- Take plenty of spare batteries with you. You can not charge everywhere, and electricity is rare in the night.
- Make sure that the date and time settings on your camera are correct. That will keep eachothers pictures in a chronlogical order.